Pricing – please call to discuss
Our Founder & Award-Winning Cosmetic Tattooist Kelly Inglis is trained in the specialised treatment of SMP (Scalp Micropigmentation or Scalp tattoo)
SMP is the process of coloured inks or pigments being implanted with specialised needles into the skin to create densification where a client is experiencing hair loss. This is a medical grade tattoo technique where tattoo pigments are placed on the scalp in a stippling pattern to look like a shaved head of hair. This reduces the contrast between the colour of the hair and colour of the scalp so it is not as easily seen.
When done properly, an observer can’t tell the difference between a shaved head and a tattooed head. We do this with thousands of very tiny dots placed in the scalp at the base of a hair and between the hairs.
SMP is very effective in treating thinning hair in both men and women, balding in a shaved scalp taking on the appearance of a bold look and also in the treatment of scalp scars caused by previous surgeries or skin diseases such as Alopecia Totalis. SMP is a permanent hair concealer for both men and women with results lasting 5, 10 or even more years before a colour boost session is needed.
SMP (Scalp Micropigmentation) is the quickest non-surgical procedure for the following treatments;
- Scalp enhancement to achieve a shaved look,
- Male & female pattern hair loss for long hair density,
- Recreating or thickening receding hair lines,
- Crown hair loss,
- Neurological scars,
- Burns to the scalp,
- Densification in conjunction with hair transplantation,
- Alopecia conditions,
- Camouflaging hair loss due to trichotillomania, and
- To further enhance densification for ex hair transplant clients who have exhausted their donor area.
Treatment: Treatment times may vary depending on the hair loss. The scalp micropigmentation procedure for the average person is 3 sessions of 3 hours at 1 week apart. However this can vary with sessions lasting 2 to 4 hours or even requiring a 4th session in some cases.
Pricing: Pricing for SMP has many variables dependant on the amount of hair loss and the desired result. The Norwood scale is also taken into consideration with future hair loss not to be overlooked.
Consultation: Please call ahead to book a time for your consultation.
Those suitable for SMP include:
- Hair thinning or regional balding where the patient desires to appear to have a fuller head of hair, with or without a shaved scalp,
- Scalp scars from scarring alopecias,
- People with autoimmune diseases such as refractory alopecia areata or alopecia totalis,
- Women who are balding or thinning who are not responsive to minoxidil or other medical treatments and do not qualify or wish to have hair transplantation,
- Neurosurgery scars and scars from head trauma, surgeries and/or hair restoration procedures,
- Chemotherapy patients, who do not grow back significant amounts of their hair after treatment,
- Deformities in hair restoration patients resulting from unplanned processing hair loss in men, whose hair transplants can’t achieve the amount of ‘fullness’ they expect,
- People with wide or obvious scars from donor strip harvesting techniques,
- People who have open donor scars from hair transplant surgery from harvesting techniques between the 1950’s and early 1990’s, from strip harvesting surgeries, or from FUE techniques that create punctate scars,
- Patients who have old pluggy or corn-row look with or without donor site depletion and a see-through donor area, and
- People who dislike using topical concealers or wigs.
Please book a consultation to discuss pricing.
Medical grade technique
Highly specialised, medical grade tattooing technique using coloured inks or pigments and implanting them into the skin to create a fuller look on the scalp.
Hair loss solution
Using this specialised technique we can create fuller looking hair in men and women who are experiencing hair loss, scarring on the scalp or conditions such as alopecia totalis.
Discreet but permanent
Suitable for both men and women this is a discreet but permanent hair concealing solution with results lasting 5-10 years before needing a colour boost.